Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Funny Boy!

I have to write about Jace and the funny things he has been doing since he started school. First, I have to tell you that I have been a little scared about him going to school because he likes to mouth off alot and he always has to have the last word. If he has something to tell you he will not shut up until he has said whatever it is he needs to say. It is quite annoying but sometimes funny:) He also hasn't had any pre-school and most of the kids here have, but he is a quick learner and I think he will be fine. If Larry and I feel the need, we will just have him do Kindergarten again.

So on with the funny things! On the first day of school they had a little orientation to show the kids the classroom and meet thier class mates and all of that fun stuff. The teacher gave each kid a star with thier name on it and she had a little basket for each child that had scissors, crayons, pencils and other fun learning stuff. I guess Jace thought it would be cool to get his scissors out and sword fight with one of the other kids. Yes that would be a Chlarson boy to be the first one in trouble! Larry and I weren't there when it happened, but one of our friends told us about it. Her son and Jace are really good friends. Then when it was time to leave, the teacher told all the kids to leave there little baskets at thier desk (because they stay at school) and so she can write thier name where they sit. Jace walks over to his spot and starts to take his star and the teacher told him that it stays at school. The little fart starts to argue with her about it cause it is his and it has his name so he gets to take it home. "No sweetie this stays here so it will be here when you come tomorrow." Jace says, "Then I a want my scissors." "No the scissors stay here too." Jace-"but you said they were mine and I want to take them home." The whole time I was wishing he would just shut up and go get his suff out of his cubby like the rest of the kids. Finally he let it go and listened. When we got home we had a little talk about listening to the teacher and not arguing. Hopefully he will get better at that quick!

He is on his second week and he is loving it. He comes home singing songs about the rules of the school and tells me about stories that they read. It is really fun to listen to him. I asked him if he was learning any letters or numbers at school and he looked at me and scrunched up his face and said, "Na my teacher doesn't like that kind of stuff!" Then a couple of days later he said, "Mom, do you know that if you are retarded at school that means you are late." I about peed my pants. He makes me laugh so hard sometimes. Just yesterday he asked me if I would comb his hair like his friend J.T. (combed to the side and not spikey) "I want my hair like that so the kids at school will think I am cool!" It was too cute. He looked a little nerdy, but he thought he was cool stuff! A funny picture of his huge mouth! He was laughing so hard at something Kendall was doing in the kitchen and I got a shot of it. Just looking at this one makes me laugh! He is such a goof.

10 comments:

The Lowes said...

There will never be a dull moment when it comes to kids. That is some funny stuff! Thanks for sharing.

Russel and Marcie Sipes said...

Silly Jacer!!! It is funny to see the things that they will say. I'm glad he likes school so much. He will do great.

Chlarson Family said...

Doug and I enjoyed reading this entry! I love the..."if you are late you are retarded"...comment. He is such a cute kid!

Ashley said...

I love it! It is so neat to watch them and listen to how they view school. Everything is so black and white.....I can wait to be a teacher!

Tiff Hunt said...

I love him! He seriously is one of the funniest kids ever!! What a stud!! That made my day!!

Tansey Hall said...

Jace has the funniest personality. Too bad his teacher is not into numbers and letters! and I never knew if you are late you are retarded. You are never going to have a dull moment.

Krystin said...

How adorable! I can't believe you have kids going to school already!! Anyways cute blog, I don't know how I found yours but mine is wahlzworld.blogspot.com
Take care!
Krystin Wahl

Ashlee said...

hey girlie.
its been so long since I talked to you last. Things are so busy call me so we can catch up(602)295-7274
love,Ashlee

Dee Waite's said...

HAY THANKS FOR THE THOUGHT GOOD MEMORY!!!!

Michelle Ashton said...

Meagan! I have the primary program for you.. Call me or give me your address on my blog. I will mail it to you if you want. 337-3029